Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: nhperlman on September 29, 2009, 11:25:04 am

Title: Drive shows up twice in LR???
Post by: nhperlman on September 29, 2009, 11:25:04 am
Here's a screen shot of LR 2.x yesterday.  Running a 15" MBP, Snow Leopard.  Just moved my catalog over from my old PC a few weeks ago and upgraded to LR 2.x.  No problems at all, still going through Michael Reichman's latest tutorial.  

I did my first import from a CF card since I made the switch.  Copied as DNG from card to external HD and put into folder I named Cherohala (hit the Cherohala Skyway last weekend).  The import went fine except the Cherohala folder is in duplicate drive.  That is, the drive shows up twice in LR.  Once with everything I moved over, and again with this new import (the only folder in it.)  

What gives?  I can't move the folder up the other (same) drive.  If I search for the folder on the top drive it says it already exists.  It does, it's just oddly presented.  In the second screen shot the drive is obviously not connected, but that doesn't matter.  You can see the latest import all by itself.  Both those "passport" drives shown on the screen shot are the SAME drive.

Anyone?  Thanks!
Title: Drive shows up twice in LR???
Post by: nhperlman on October 06, 2009, 04:15:55 pm
Quote from: nhperlman
Here's a screen shot of LR 2.x yesterday.  Running a 15" MBP, Snow Leopard.  Just moved my catalog over from my old PC a few weeks ago and upgraded to LR 2.x.  No problems at all, still going through Michael Reichman's latest tutorial.  

I did my first import from a CF card since I made the switch.  Copied as DNG from card to external HD and put into folder I named Cherohala (hit the Cherohala Skyway last weekend).  The import went fine except the Cherohala folder is in duplicate drive.  That is, the drive shows up twice in LR.  Once with everything I moved over, and again with this new import (the only folder in it.)  

What gives?  I can't move the folder up the other (same) drive.  If I search for the folder on the top drive it says it already exists.  It does, it's just oddly presented.  In the second screen shot the drive is obviously not connected, but that doesn't matter.  You can see the latest import all by itself.  Both those "passport" drives shown on the screen shot are the SAME drive.

Anyone?  Thanks!


not even a guess?  Anyone?  Anyone?  Bueller?  Bueller?
Title: Drive shows up twice in LR???
Post by: David Hufford on October 29, 2009, 10:37:50 am
Quote from: nhperlman
not even a guess?  Anyone?  Anyone?  Bueller?  Bueller?

You may have solved this by now, but I just had the same problem. After closing LR, I renamed all the affected folders (only 6-7 were on the duplicated "2nd" drive). I also renamed the parent folders of each.  Then I re-opened LR and right-clicked the now missing folders on the duplicated drive and clicked the "find folder" to re-associate each with its (now renamed) correct folder. As I did so, they were automatically removed from the "2nd" drive, and when all were done, the "2nd" drive disappeared. So you could rename the Cherohala folder and its parent and follow the same procedure. You should be able to change the folder names back to the original when you finish.

Hopefully this is not too confusing.

My only question is how it happened to begin with.