Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: jsch on September 25, 2009, 10:27:23 am

Title: Inverting negatives with lightroom
Post by: jsch on September 25, 2009, 10:27:23 am
Hi,

does anybody know of a possibility to convert a negative, I photographed with a digital camera, into a positive with Lightroom?

I use a digicam instead of a scanner to digitize some of my B/W-negatives.

I do it with an intermediate step with PS. But it would be better to do it directly in Lightroom.

Thank you,
Johannes
Title: Inverting negatives with lightroom
Post by: john beardsworth on September 25, 2009, 10:37:39 am
You can do it with a curve imported from Adobe Camera Raw.

Take a raw file or DNG and open it in ACR, then adjust its curve so it's a negative. Click Done.

Now import that file into LR and you'll find the curve comes in. Save it as a preset and you're done.

John