Luminous Landscape Forum
Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: Rob C on September 25, 2009, 03:47:15 am
-
Michael, not only what, but even more seriously, why?
Rob C
-
Huh?
-
Rob,
It's a charming image that shows a human interaction between (presumably) a mother and child. If you're still confused, go find a dictionary and look up "charming," "human," and "interaction."
-Eric (Acknowledging that us old geezers often don't put much stock in human relations.)
-
Ahh - an eye for an I
-
... It's a charming image that shows a human interaction between (presumably) a mother and child. If you're still confused, go find a dictionary and look up "charming," "human," and "interaction." ...
Ok. I can agree with "human" and "interaction"... but "charming"!? So I looked it up and it is supposed to mean "pleasant or attractive". I find a tattoo mom with a pro-wrestler build anything but attractive... but it must be just politically-incorrect me, I guess. Actually, come to think of it, my tolerance for tattooed moms stops with Angelina Jolie.
-
(sic)
I think you may have spent too much time away from your mother tongue ...
Today, Michael H. Reichmann took a photograph of "Mom and Me".
-
I think you may have spent too much time away from your mother tongue ...
Today, Michael H. Reichmann took a photograph of "Mom and Me".
Depends on where you deem subject and object to lie... or am I digging a deeper hole than my ladder is tall? Or did I just forget a 'k'?
As usual, more questions than answers.
Rob C
-
Um, I think the image is fine in itself, but let's not forget the context. Michael was displaying an image from a pre-production 7D. I liked this one because of the range of colours, tones, shadows etc: a good sample shot.
-
Ahh - an eye for an I
Very interesting, but inscrutable at this time of night. I have just poured a mix of drain cleaner down the kitchen sink in an effort to avoid calling in a plumber who will insist on a new track of piping which will pay the island's national debt. I followed the instructions to the letter: changed into overalls, put on goggles, rubber gloves and also a mask. Fortunately for once, I now live alone so the image stops here.
When the head clears, possibly tomorrow sometime, I shall have another go at playing Mr Holmes.
Rob C
-
I think you may have spent too much time away from your mother tongue ...
Today, Michael H. Reichmann took a photograph of "Mom and Me".
Jeremy
Alternatively:
Mom and I are standing here - a charming couple on which to test a new camera.
Oui?
Rob C
EDIT: but golly, isn't this fun! (Alternatively: but golly, isn't this fun?)
-
Ok. I can agree with "human" and "interaction"... but "charming"!? So I looked it up and it is supposed to mean "pleasant or attractive". I find a tattoo mom with a pro-wrestler build anything but attractive... but it must be just politically-incorrect me, I guess. Actually, come to think of it, my tolerance for tattooed moms stops with Angelina Jolie.
Political correctness is too big to mess with! She - political correctness - is the catch-22 of contemporary society: if you dispute her logic you are damned and if you become her slave you are also damned.
Best neither to dispute nor follow but simply to ignore that she exists.
I have lived a relatively full and comfortable life taking no heed of her at all; her time will pass naturally, as does that of all silly, artificial constructs forced upon normal common sense. Don't think I'd put Angelina into the construct category, though. Funny thing: I saw some footage of her in Africa or somewhere like that recently (she was, I was not) and she looked remarkably slim on top, quite unlike the movies... Oh well, can't have everything; they do say it's all an illusion, cheap photographic trickery.
Rob C
-
I declare the season of universal love open again!
Rob C
EDIT: shame about the verticals, though, ruined a delightful picture... ;-)
-
shame about the verticals, though, ruined a delightful picture... ;-)
Rob, Rob, Rob....
You've missed the whole point of the image (or at last one of the major ones), and that's the disconnect between the mother and child's off kilter stance and the off plumb verticals.
Back to art school with you.
Michael
-
Rob, Rob, Rob....
You've missed the whole point of the image (or at last one of the major ones), and that's the disconnect between the mother and child's off kilter stance and the off plumb verticals.
Back to art school with you.
Michael
Michael, I don`t believe a word of it, but I am humbled nonetheless!
;-)
Rob C