Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: stever on September 18, 2009, 08:56:07 pm

Title: opening catalogs
Post by: stever on September 18, 2009, 08:56:07 pm
starting with version 2.3, i have been unable to open a different catalog without re-starting my windows computer - ???  

since this didn't change with 2.4 or 2.5 maybe it's not entirely a LR problem - but i haven't a clue what to do about it
Title: opening catalogs
Post by: nemophoto on September 19, 2009, 02:50:31 pm
I've used Lightroom since v. 1.0, and I've always had Lightroom restart when I change catalogs. It's irritating, but not a big deal. Is it creating problems for you?
Title: opening catalogs
Post by: Tklimek on September 19, 2009, 03:13:13 pm
Nemo...

Without putting words in Stevers mouth, I believe he said he needed to restart his entire computer; not just Lightroom.

Is that correct Stever?

Obviously, that shouldn't be the case, the correct behavior is as Nemo states; Lightroom should restart with the new catalog chosen.  You might try the usual fixes for LR (I think one this is usually recommended is deleting the prefs file - although I would back it up first in case that is not problem), and another might be compressing the catalog.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago


Quote from: nemophoto
I've used Lightroom since v. 1.0, and I've always had Lightroom restart when I change catalogs. It's irritating, but not a big deal. Is it creating problems for you?
Title: opening catalogs
Post by: stever on September 19, 2009, 07:27:34 pm
right, i have to restart the computer, i'll try deleting prefs after i see what's there

not sure why compression would make a difference - problem is the same regardless of catalog size