Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: neil snape on September 15, 2009, 09:47:28 am

Title: Problems loading curly thick sheet media on Z3200
Post by: neil snape on September 15, 2009, 09:47:28 am
Hello everyone.
I have had service calls three times on this error yet nothing solves it. Do you have 81:01 errors at the end of print when the curl comes out of the pinch rollers and triggers the possible paper jam?
The transport encoder was changed and the media feed sensor.

This always requires a hard restart even though there is no paper jam. I get this on Hahnemuhle Sugar cane which has curled edges.

Should I try with rollers down?????
Title: Problems loading curly thick sheet media on Z3200
Post by: Ernst Dinkla on September 15, 2009, 10:14:06 am
Quote from: neil snape
Hello everyone.
I have had service calls three times on this error yet nothing solves it. Do you have 81:01 errors at the end of print when the curl comes out of the pinch rollers and triggers the possible paper jam?
The transport encoder was changed and the media feed sensor.

This always requires a hard restart even though there is no paper jam. I get this on Hahnemuhle Sugar cane which has curled edges.

Should I try with rollers down?????

Neil,

Decurl before printing ?
Feeding in the roll slit ?


met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinklal

Try: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/ (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/)
Title: Problems loading curly thick sheet media on Z3200
Post by: dct123 on September 15, 2009, 10:31:30 am
I have had a similar problem in the past (I don't remember the error code) when I used the end of a roll of Hanemuhle Smooth Fine Art. Now when the roll gets near the end I cut the remaining paper down to sheet sizes (18x24, 24x36). I spray water on the back of the sheets to slightly dampen them and then sandwich them between heavy backerboard sheets on a flat surface. Place plywood and weights on top, and let the sheets set overnight. You'll have nice flat sheets to use. It also helps to have an assistant to feed the larger sheets into the printer.
Title: Problems loading curly thick sheet media on Z3200
Post by: neil snape on September 18, 2009, 03:15:46 am
Ernst,


This is on sheets, rolls , well I don't have any curled edges in my stock.
loading in the tray loads okay, just triggers and stops the printer when the trailing edge releases.
I just need to know if this is common to know if I should pursue it further or just accept that the 3200 doesn't handle curled thick paper.
Title: Problems loading curly thick sheet media on Z3200
Post by: Ernst Dinkla on September 18, 2009, 05:26:29 am
Quote from: neil snape
Ernst,


This is on sheets, rolls , well I don't have any curled edges in my stock.
loading in the tray loads okay, just triggers and stops the printer when the trailing edge releases.
I just need to know if this is common to know if I should pursue it further or just accept that the 3200 doesn't handle curled thick paper.


No experience with that. 200-310 grams paper rolled on 2" cores and stored here for more than a year didn't trigger the printer that way.

I don't think that you should raise the starwheel bar more, what you could do instead is lifting the sheet at the front when it gets out. The weight of the sheet at the front could just add to the curl jump at the back. I always wondered whether Epson's paper transport slope is patented, it has its advantages. I could pull curved 1.8mm passepartout carton through the 9000's with some adjustments to the hardware at the feeding side.


met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla

Try: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/ (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/)

Title: Problems loading curly thick sheet media on Z3200
Post by: SergeyT on January 30, 2010, 06:48:12 pm
Quote from: neil snape
...
This is on sheets, rolls , well I don't have any curled edges in my stock.
loading in the tray loads okay, just triggers and stops the printer when the trailing edge releases.
...

Neil,

  Did you solve this problem ?

Thank you,
SergeyT.