Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: vorlich on September 07, 2009, 09:45:54 am
-
Having looked at JP Caponigro's work recently. I think one area I need to work on is my masking technique, so I'm looking for a book, not necessarily dedicated to this area, but one which covers advanced techniques.
I was thinking either Martin Evening and Jeff Schewe's Ultimate Workshop book or Martin's Adobe Photoshop CS4 for Photographers. I'm not sure if the content of Ultimate Workshop book might be too similar to Katrin Eismann and Sean Duggan's Creative Digital Darkroom, which I already have.
Can anyone who has those books recommend them, or what else is available out there?
cheers,
Fraser
-
have you looked at Eismann's 'Photoshop Masking & Compositing' ???
-
have you looked at Eismann's 'Photoshop Masking & Compositing' ???
I did briefly, but it's quite expensive, I was wondering if the Jeff and Martin's book/s would get me most the way there, with the added bonus of content covering other areas also...
Any thoughts?
-
I dont think Eismann's book is anymore expensive than the otehrs. Amazon is selling it for around $38.
if you want a book dedicated to great masking, then it's the one. The others are somewhat more generalized but of course
do have sections dedicated to masking
-
You could check out some online tutorial books. Lynda's series of books are fairly comprehensive and they have one dedicated to Layer Masks, which has a lot of information.
Link is: http://www.lynda.com/home/DisplayCourse.aspx?lpk2=55426 (http://www.lynda.com/home/DisplayCourse.aspx?lpk2=55426)
Thanks
Chris
-
Adobe Photoshop Unmasked
Nigel French
Deals exclusively with masking
-
Thanks all, I'll check these out.