Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: dchew on September 02, 2009, 12:14:54 pm
-
Posting this because I sometimes enjoy playing with desaturation, but I don't have a good feel for when it works for an image. I have this assumption that I like this because it enables me to put a spin on the image that I understand because I was there, but no one else would.
In this case it was a relatively cool morning for July, so I can relate to the blue. Do you think this works or is it too hokey?
Dave
[attachment=16362:DChew_08...copy_102.jpg]
-
The desaturation is fine, I like it too, but compositionally I find myself wanting to see less tree and more water.
Ed
-
What Ed said.
-
What Ed said.
I'll third that. I like the desaturation and the blue. They work well together
-
Dave,
The desaturation works very well. I agree with the other comments, showing more water would certainly enhance your photo. A square aspect-ratio would perhaps be a good choice (see modified photo).
-
Thank you for the comments. I agree this needs more water; there was a dock and boats just right of the frame. Here are two different views, but with much more water.
[attachment=16369:DChew_080717_4302.jpg]
[attachment=16368:DChew_080717_4298.jpg]
-
I like both photos a lot. The second one is very pleasing the the pseudo-IR frosty look. In the first photo, I like the symmetry and the warm light reflecting on the trees in the center. You managed to capture beautiful skies,