Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Timo Löfgren on September 02, 2009, 07:40:07 am

Title: Stone II
Post by: Timo Löfgren on September 02, 2009, 07:40:07 am
.........
Title: Stone II
Post by: francois on September 02, 2009, 09:14:54 am
Well done, Timo. It's a beautiful photo!
Title: Stone II
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 02, 2009, 10:59:25 am
I always look forward to your sensitive, beautiful images. This one is very satisfying.
Title: Stone II
Post by: Justan on September 02, 2009, 11:06:57 am
Nicely done!
Title: Stone II
Post by: jasonrandolph on September 02, 2009, 11:26:36 am
I'd like to see a little more separation between the rock and the bottom edge, but otherwise, this is an excellent shot.  Exposure and tones are excellent.
Title: Stone II
Post by: RSL on September 02, 2009, 11:57:48 am
Timo, That is, indeed, a beautiful rock. Very fine work.
Title: Stone II
Post by: Ed Blagden on September 02, 2009, 01:08:25 pm
Beautiful... that's not much of a critique I'm afraid, but the image is beautiful.  Love what you have done with the water through long exposure.

Ed
Title: Stone II
Post by: cmi on September 02, 2009, 05:18:51 pm
It is very good done, and I can certainly sense a calmness wich appeals to me. But Im somehow not comfortable with it. Something is disturbing me and I can't coin it. If I come to more meaningful conclusions I'll post them.

Christian
Title: Stone II
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on September 02, 2009, 06:32:43 pm
Quote from: Christian Miersch
It is very good done, and I can certainly sense a calmness wich appeals to me. But Im somehow not comfortable with it. Something is disturbing me and I can't coin it. If I come to more meaningful conclusions I'll post them.

Christian
I feel the same. it's beautiful, but there's something wrong that I can't quite place.

I think it's because the rock is too central: I'd feel happier if there were a little more space to one side, probably the right.

Jeremy
Title: Stone II
Post by: MR.FEESH on September 03, 2009, 01:03:57 pm
This is great!  I imagine it would be awesome in a large print, something like a poster.
Title: Stone II
Post by: John R on September 03, 2009, 06:23:10 pm
Yes, quite nice with an ethereal quality.

JMR
Title: Stone II
Post by: Timo Löfgren on September 04, 2009, 07:31:52 am
Thanks for the comments!!!!!

Timo löfgren
Title: Stone II
Post by: vorlich on September 13, 2009, 10:33:43 am
Yes indeed, lovely shot.
Title: Stone II
Post by: wolfnowl on September 13, 2009, 01:26:31 pm
Quote from: Christian Miersch
It is very good done, and I can certainly sense a calmness wich appeals to me. But Im somehow not comfortable with it. Something is disturbing me and I can't coin it. If I come to more meaningful conclusions I'll post them.

The horizon is in the middle of the frame.  That must be it!    


All seriousness aside, it is very well done.

Mike.