Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: ixpressraf on August 26, 2009, 04:18:43 pm

Title: are there any Oxberry users left
Post by: ixpressraf on August 26, 2009, 04:18:43 pm
Just wondering if there are people still using Agfa film recorders and Oxberry pin register camera's. I am taking some apart for lenses and stuff but got impressed with thr degree of fine engeneering and opto electronics.
Title: are there any Oxberry users left
Post by: Jeremy Payne on August 26, 2009, 04:53:25 pm
Quote from: ixpressraf
Just wondering if there are people still using Agfa film recorders and Oxberry pin register camera's. I am taking some apart for lenses and stuff but got impressed with thr degree of fine engeneering and opto electronics.
I was an assistant oxberry operator in 1992 ... we used it to shoot traditional ink and paint animation for TV shows, movies and commercials.
Title: are there any Oxberry users left
Post by: BobDavid on August 26, 2009, 08:32:46 pm
I'm very familiar with Oxberry, Forox, and Marron Carrel. The Forox and Marrons were used for multi-image slide shows. I used an Oxberry for shooting cel animation. I haven't laid hands on any of those cameras/machines since around 1990. The Marrons had four motion control axis (compound with X, Y, rotation and cam height). They were cool.