Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Langsey on August 19, 2009, 05:31:21 pm

Title: Color Label on Import Bug
Post by: Langsey on August 19, 2009, 05:31:21 pm
When I import photos into Lightroom 2.4, LR automatically gives it a green color label.  I have to go to select color label and select none to deselect the the photos. I have checked prior to import to see if the green label is selected and it is not. How do I fix this bug? Thanks in advance.
John

PS. I download my images to a file on my computer before importing to LR
Title: Color Label on Import Bug
Post by: joedecker on August 20, 2009, 02:23:08 am
Quote from: Langsey
When I import photos into Lightroom 2.4, LR automatically gives it a green color label.  I have to go to select color label and select none to deselect the the photos. I have checked prior to import to see if the green label is selected and it is not. How do I fix this bug? Thanks in advance.
John

PS. I download my images to a file on my computer before importing to LR

One idea:

I'm gonna take a guess that the green label is being set by a preset.  Are you directly using the File > Import dialog box?  I *think* it's possible to set a color label through a preset, if you any presets in the "Metadata" box in particular, I'd look there, but it might be hiding somewhere else.

The same idea applies if you're using auto-import on a watched folder, try under "File > Auto Import > Auto Import Settings", then Metadata, etc.

That  help?

--Joe
Title: Color Label on Import Bug
Post by: Langsey on August 20, 2009, 11:38:21 am
Joe, label was checked in the metadata preset. I looked every place but there. Thanks. John
Title: Color Label on Import Bug
Post by: joedecker on August 20, 2009, 03:33:23 pm
Quote from: Langsey
Joe, label was checked in the metadata preset. I looked every place but there. Thanks. John

My pleasure...  I'd often wondered if it was possible to do that intentionally, so I was glad to actually go looking for how to manage it!

Have a great day!

--Joe