Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: John R on August 18, 2009, 02:51:33 pm

Title: Catching the last rays of sun
Post by: John R on August 18, 2009, 02:51:33 pm
In the last few days I was able to catch the sun as it cast a warm glow before fading. All taken in local parks near Toronto.

JMR
Title: Catching the last rays of sun
Post by: wolfnowl on August 18, 2009, 04:01:47 pm
They're all good, but I like the banding on the trees in the first image.

Mike.
Title: Catching the last rays of sun
Post by: John R on August 18, 2009, 05:21:03 pm
Quote from: wolfnowl
They're all good, but I like the banding on the trees in the first image.

Mike.
Thank you Mike. Do you mean the banding of light or the bark?

JMR
Title: Catching the last rays of sun
Post by: wolfnowl on August 19, 2009, 01:46:56 am
The bands of light on the trees.  The bark's interesting too, though.

Mike.
Title: Catching the last rays of sun
Post by: francois on August 19, 2009, 02:11:57 am
I like the first two images a lot. The golden glow is fantastic and you found good subjects to make the most of it.