Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: dalethorn on August 17, 2009, 04:50:46 pm

Title: Great Blue Heron
Post by: dalethorn on August 17, 2009, 04:50:46 pm
Panasonic G1, 45-200.
Title: Great Blue Heron
Post by: wolfnowl on August 17, 2009, 05:30:30 pm
Nice shot, but if it was mine I think I'd darken the water - maybe 1/2 stop or so, just to accentuate the bird...

Mike.
Title: Great Blue Heron
Post by: dalethorn on August 17, 2009, 05:51:53 pm
Quote from: wolfnowl
Nice shot, but if it was mine I think I'd darken the water - maybe 1/2 stop or so, just to accentuate the bird...
Mike.

Thanks - I see what you mean - too much green in that water.
Title: Great Blue Heron
Post by: PeterAit on August 17, 2009, 06:58:08 pm
Quote from: dalethorn
Panasonic G1, 45-200.

The heron is terrific as are the lily pads. But, the scraggly foliage in the front left is really distracting. I assume there was no way to shoot around this?

Peter
Title: Great Blue Heron
Post by: dalethorn on August 17, 2009, 07:15:47 pm
Quote from: PeterAit
The heron is terrific as are the lily pads. But, the scraggly foliage in the front left is really distracting. I assume there was no way to shoot around this?
Peter

Thanks for the thought. I have several hundred of herons in this area, and only a few with this general look. Of those, this was the only one printable. It's interesting how all of those opportunities came down to one shot.

Many of those other photos are printable, but don't have this unique look, so this is the one I like best.  I did a little cleanup already on the junk foliage on the left - perhaps I'll do some more later.  Good observation, nonetheless.