Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: dtrayers on August 16, 2009, 11:54:15 pm

Title: Update keywords or metadata for a list of file names?
Post by: dtrayers on August 16, 2009, 11:54:15 pm
I get a list of file names in text form.  They may be from different shoots and from different times.  I can easily find them in LR by copying and pasting the file name from the email I get to the filter box in LR.  But the problem is I have to do it one at a time.

Is there a tool or plug in that will allow me to do a mass update of either keywords or IPTC metadata to the DNG files from a list of file names and keywords?

I imagine a tool where I first create a text file (CSV, perhaps) in which the first position is the file name and subsequent positions are keywords I want to add to the IPTC metadata.

I could create a file easily from the email I get and add to it some unique identifier so then after the metadata is updated I can open LR and easily find all the files by just filtering one of the keywords.

Has anyone heard of a plug in or stand-alone IPTC updater?

Thanks.
Title: Update keywords or metadata for a list of file names?
Post by: john beardsworth on August 17, 2009, 04:02:10 am
LRTransporter may have this capability.