Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: John R on August 13, 2009, 11:06:14 pm

Title: The bench aglow
Post by: John R on August 13, 2009, 11:06:14 pm
As the sun was quickly fading I rushed to get a few shots of warm light glowing on the trees. I missed most of the glow but managed to get this shot of a bench in the warm glow.

JMR
Title: The bench aglow
Post by: jasonrandolph on August 14, 2009, 11:49:52 am
You kept the composition simple by not shooting from a shorter focal length, which I like.  The tree nicely frames the bench.  Overall, a very pleasant scene.
Title: The bench aglow
Post by: PeterAit on August 14, 2009, 12:16:23 pm
Quote from: John R
As the sun was quickly fading I rushed to get a few shots of warm light glowing on the trees. I missed most of the glow but managed to get this shot of a bench in the warm glow.

JMR


That's quite nice! Have you considered darkening the tree trunk a tad?

Peter
Title: The bench aglow
Post by: JeffKohn on August 14, 2009, 01:22:22 pm
I like the simplicity of the scene, and the mood of the image. The processing works well except that I find the greens a bit over-powering.
Title: The bench aglow
Post by: wolfnowl on August 14, 2009, 05:46:26 pm
Quote from: JeffKohn
I like the simplicity of the scene, and the mood of the image. The processing works well except that I find the greens a bit over-powering.

I agree with Jeff.  Nice shot, though!

Mike.
Title: The bench aglow
Post by: John R on August 14, 2009, 06:41:22 pm
Thanks for the commentary everyone. I tried a BW version but the colour nuances did not come through.

JMR
Title: The bench aglow
Post by: byork on August 14, 2009, 07:22:57 pm
Nice shot John....personally I don't mind the greens at all.

Cheers
Brian
Title: The bench aglow
Post by: wolfnowl on August 15, 2009, 12:57:09 am
Quote from: John R
Thanks for the commentary everyone. I tried a BW version but the colour nuances did not come through.

JMR

You mean you couldn't get proper colour in your B&W image?  Back to basic Photoshop for you....  

Sorry, couldn't resist...

Mike.
Title: The bench aglow
Post by: John R on August 15, 2009, 06:47:35 pm
Quote from: wolfnowl
You mean you couldn't get proper colour in your B&W image?  Back to basic Photoshop for you....  

Sorry, couldn't resist...

Mike.
Hey MIke, I don't know what to say;) I only convert to BW occasionally, and 98 percet of the time prefer the colour version. Just didn't like what I saw.

JMR