Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: dreed on August 10, 2009, 11:28:35 am

Title: Lightroom Develop: can I see the exposure setting?
Post by: dreed on August 10, 2009, 11:28:35 am
When shooting, I'm often shooting to the right and over expose. When I bring those photos into LR, it then becomes a very manual task of switching between Library & Develop to apply the correct exposure correction to each photo.

Although various view options in Library mode allow me to display the exposure bias from when the photo was taken, it would appear that there is no such option available for anything in Develop.

Am I missing something or is there room for Adobe to improve LR here?
Title: Lightroom Develop: can I see the exposure setting?
Post by: dgberg on August 10, 2009, 12:05:10 pm
Maybe I misunderstand your question. In Library you have the histogram at the top with Quick Develop right below to change your exposure. In Develop you have the same thing again,histogram at the top with exposure right below it. You can change exposure in both modules.
Also in Develop if you look right below the histogram it shows you how much you are changing the exposure from what it was shot at.

Edited to add. You must click on the center of the histogram and then it will show you the chang in exposure from what is was shot at as you move the slider.
Title: Lightroom Develop: can I see the exposure setting?
Post by: Richowens on August 10, 2009, 12:09:30 pm
Dreed,

 Ctrl-J will bring up Loupe View options. You can pick exposure bias as an option.

 Toggle "Information" with the "I" key.

 HTH

 Rich


  [attachment=15935:info.jpg]
Title: Lightroom Develop: can I see the exposure setting?
Post by: dreed on August 10, 2009, 02:31:34 pm
Quote from: Richowens
Dreed,

 Ctrl-J will bring up Loupe View options. You can pick exposure bias as an option.

 Toggle "Information" with the "I" key.

 HTH

 Rich


  [attachment=15935:info.jpg]

Thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for. I can't believe I missed this, as I've customised the same view in the Library, except to say that "View Options" didn't come up with a right click on windows (behaviour is different to the Library view.)