Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: AndrewKulin on August 09, 2009, 10:00:01 pm

Title: Lightning
Post by: AndrewKulin on August 09, 2009, 10:00:01 pm
Shot tonight from my driveway.  Pretty good storm for Toronto.

Andrew
[attachment=15920:Combined...lattened.jpg]
Title: Lightning
Post by: byork on August 10, 2009, 12:40:43 am
Good work Andrew, pretty brave too I might add! Did you use a lightning trigger of some sort?

Cheers
Brian
Title: Lightning
Post by: AndrewKulin on August 10, 2009, 06:25:27 am
Quote from: byork
Good work Andrew, pretty brave too I might add! Did you use a lightning trigger of some sort?

Cheers
Brian

Brian:

Simply used a bulb exposure (many of them until I got a shot with some good forks).  This was after the storm had passed, looking southeast.

My son and I spent about 40 minutes under the porch you see trying for a shot to the northwest as the storm was approaching overhead.  Lots of rain, tons of bright flashes (sheet lighting which is usual for us here) but saw only a few weak forks through all the rain and certainly we were not going to set up in the rain, let alone with all the lightning and thunder.

Andrew
Title: Lightning
Post by: byork on August 10, 2009, 07:01:06 am
Quote from: AndrewKulin
Brian:

Simply used a bulb exposure (many of them until I got a shot with some good forks).  This was after the storm had passed, looking southeast.

My son and I spent about 40 minutes under the porch you see trying for a shot to the northwest as the storm was approaching overhead.  Lots of rain, tons of bright flashes (sheet lighting which is usual for us here) but saw only a few weak forks through all the rain and certainly we were not going to set up in the rain, let alone with all the lightning and thunder.

Andrew

Okay, I see.....you frightened the bejesus out of me when you said you shot it from your driveway.

Cheers
Brian

Edit, here's one I shot from inside the house.
Title: Lightning
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on August 10, 2009, 03:03:40 pm
Here's one of mine. Not much of a photo, since the trees are awfully blurred, but it brings back memories of a spectacular storm in France last summer.

[attachment=15939:lightning.jpg]

Jeremy
Title: Lightning
Post by: AndrewKulin on August 10, 2009, 09:47:51 pm
Great lightning bolts gents.

Andrew