Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: John R on August 09, 2009, 05:10:31 pm

Title: Farm scene by the rail tracks
Post by: John R on August 09, 2009, 05:10:31 pm
I have many versions of this shot, some bolder, more high contrast, etc, but I always come back to this soft one with an Infrared look. I guess it is a matter of taste or preference.

JMR

Edit: added a photo

Title: Farm scene by the rail tracks
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 09, 2009, 08:30:50 pm
I like the "dreamy" look in this one. It goes well with the sense of nostalgia of the subject.
Title: Farm scene by the rail tracks
Post by: John R on August 09, 2009, 08:39:47 pm
Quote from: EricM
I like the "dreamy" look in this one. It goes well with the sense of nostalgia of the subject.
Thanks Eric, that is a good way to put it.

JMR
Title: Farm scene by the rail tracks
Post by: larryg on August 10, 2009, 11:02:24 am
I personally like the B & W  the best   a lot of information (subject matter)  properly positioned.  

#2  has too much uninteresting sky  subject matter is weaker than the first image

the telephone lines add a leading line effect to the image   leading you into the central subject of the farm house/barn.   I like this image
Title: Farm scene by the rail tracks
Post by: shutterpup on August 10, 2009, 11:53:15 am
I look at #2 this way: Yellow and blue "go together" and the green is just the right accent. I like the clouds that populate the sky; for me, I could see that may have been the reason for the picture or a strong element at the least when originally viewing the scene. I like it better than the B/W.