Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Jann Lipka on August 08, 2009, 03:16:42 pm
-
I need AC reduction for my Fisheye ( Tokina 10-17 on canon5D ) images,
and this lens is even prone to bad magenta fringe.
Those are taken care of auto CA fix in Capture quite well, but even ok in ACR .
magenta fringe on lens edges specially in tree branches is terrible in Raw Developer..
Any clues ?
-
You could try ptlens.
-
You could try ptlens.
I would ike to make CA and magenta fringe improvements within RAW .
this lens have a quite a lot of it at the edges .
PTLENS ( I have it ) wil not work on RAW images .
It is good with distortion though ( i do't bother with my fisheye distortion ) .
-
In Adobe Camera Raw you may be able to reduce pronounced magenta fringing by desaturating or shifting magenta and purple with the HSL/Grayscale sliders. Fourth tab from the left. Depends on the specific image.
-
To respond to the original question...Raw Developer at this time does not have any CA function.
Don't know if Brian is going to incorporate it in a future release but I have had email conversations with him about it.
-
OK that is pretty bad ,
As it looks now CApture is good with this ..
I'm glad it was not just me not able to find it.
Thanks
-
Hi!
There is a lot of that stuff which is very different. The magenta fringe is more like sensor thing, ligtroom has some handling for it which is quite effective. Lateral chromatic aberration is always off axis, that is towards to edges. This can be fixed in raw-processing. The third variant I know axial chromatic aberration which essentially means that focus is different for different wavelengths. Stopping down helps, but not much else. The last one is typical of large aperture lenses.
Erik
I need AC reduction for my Fisheye ( Tokina 10-17 on canon5D ) images,
and this lens is even prone to bad magenta fringe.
Those are taken care of auto CA fix in Capture quite well, but even ok in ACR .
magenta fringe on lens edges specially in tree branches is terrible in Raw Developer..
Any clues ?