Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Justinr on August 07, 2009, 01:08:07 pm
-
A couple from a recent vintage rally at Stradbally-
(http://www.justinseye.com/Untitled-1.jpg)
(http://www.justinseye.com/Untitled-4a.jpg)
Both taken on a 1960's Pentax ESII with Ilford Delta 400. The wall of death was at f2 and 125th and I was surprised to get anything other than a blur as they were doing the circuit in about 2-3 seconds.
Justin
-
I would've hoped for some blur to indicate motion on the wall of death.
-
I would've hoped for some blur to indicate motion on the wall of death.
I think blur would have rendered it just another snap. What I particularly liked about this shot was the fellows expression. Here is a man defying gravity as part of his job , what does he look like, does he laugh, cry, frown, narrow his eyes in concentration, open them wide in fear or what? None of these for there is a look and body posture that portrays confidence, enjoyment and some sort of calculation. It gives us an idea of what he is thinking and offers an insight into his relationship with the audience. He is most definitely playing to the crowd and having a bit of a laugh whilst at it. You've got to like and admire the guy.
Justin.