Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: PhillyPhotographer on August 02, 2009, 05:55:49 pm

Title: Puddle in Rittenhouse Square
Post by: PhillyPhotographer on August 02, 2009, 05:55:49 pm
(http://hphotos-snc1.fbcdn.net/hs183.snc1/6090_1196417558694_1476143245_30561529_2585292_n.jpg)
Title: Puddle in Rittenhouse Square
Post by: JeffKohn on August 02, 2009, 07:43:18 pm
Neat shot, and I like the use of the square format here. My only nitpick is that I wish the bird's reflection was complete, but to be honest I'm not sure about that, I'd probably have to see it and compare.
Title: Puddle in Rittenhouse Square
Post by: PhillyPhotographer on August 02, 2009, 08:02:18 pm
The puddle ended so his whole reflection wasn't there
Title: Puddle in Rittenhouse Square
Post by: cmi on August 04, 2009, 11:30:16 am
I really like it.

Christian
Title: Puddle in Rittenhouse Square
Post by: jasonrandolph on August 04, 2009, 05:21:42 pm
Nicely visualized and executed.
Title: Puddle in Rittenhouse Square
Post by: John R on August 04, 2009, 07:21:58 pm
A fabulous image!

JMR
Title: Puddle in Rittenhouse Square
Post by: Justan on August 04, 2009, 11:39:06 pm
This is brilliant. It’s along the lines of work done by MC Escher.

One thing I would experiment with is changing the white area between the 2 buildings that appears mostly blown out (all white). I think it would be worth while to darken some of this area.
Title: Puddle in Rittenhouse Square
Post by: PhillyPhotographer on August 05, 2009, 12:17:03 am
Quote from: Justan
This is brilliant. It’s along the lines of work done by MC Escher.

One thing I would experiment with is changing the white area between the 2 buildings that appears mostly blown out (all white). I think it would be worth while to darken some of this area.

I tried it and you lose a sense of depth. The white area is the grey sky above, the detail towards the bottom is coming from over hanging trees. It looks a lot better in print than the jpeg I posted.
Title: Puddle in Rittenhouse Square
Post by: Justan on August 05, 2009, 10:43:09 am
Cool. Being any tone but white would do it