Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Gregory on August 02, 2009, 03:05:03 am

Title: cleaning mounted slides/film
Post by: Gregory on August 02, 2009, 03:05:03 am
hi all.

has anyone cleaned mounted film (negative and positive) without unmounting it first? how? with what tools?

cheers,
Gregory
Title: cleaning mounted slides/film
Post by: situgrrl on August 03, 2009, 05:46:50 pm
No experience with slides to really speak of.

First stop is canned air.  If this doesn't work, I use cotton gloves to very lightly polish a small water mark - this may get me shot here though!  Failing that, Tetenal film cleaner - which isn't as effective as it ought to be - with the cotton gloves - I'm told a soft camel hair brush is good with it but brissles on negs sounds silly to me - however soft.  Pec 12 is meant to be the best stuff but I keep forgetting to pick some up when I order.    Finally, for strips, rewash in distilled water and photo-flo (wetting agent) can work.  It all depends on the marking.