Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: dwood on July 22, 2009, 07:29:13 pm

Title: Irises
Post by: dwood on July 22, 2009, 07:29:13 pm
(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2632/3747835172_461fcce091_o.jpg)
Title: Irises
Post by: shutterpup on July 22, 2009, 07:41:30 pm
I like the diagonal of irises leading my eye down to the right corner. But the green is just so...green. I really don't care for the green.
Title: Irises
Post by: John R on July 22, 2009, 09:49:34 pm
Is this a double exposure? I see you have titled blur, so maybe not. I see this more as a pattern or rhythmic shot. It has an ethereal look, but in my opinion the irises do not stand out sufficiently to make them pleasing. As to the greens, they remind me of an of Irish song where the singer says he is homesick and recalls "40 shades of green' in the grasses and landscapes of his homeland. Beautiful song, beautiful greens.

JMR
Title: Irises
Post by: dwood on July 23, 2009, 06:47:53 am
Quote from: John R
Is this a double exposure? I see you have titled blur, so maybe not. I see this more as a pattern or rhythmic shot. It has an ethereal look, but in my opinion the irises do not stand out sufficiently to make them pleasing. As to the greens, they remind me of an of Irish song where the singer says he is homesick and recalls "40 shades of green' in the grasses and landscapes of his homeland. Beautiful song, beautiful greens.

JMR

Single exposure.