Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: OldRoy on July 20, 2009, 04:22:57 pm

Title: Probable sc@m supplier on UK site
Post by: OldRoy on July 20, 2009, 04:22:57 pm
On "Adoos.co.uk" site

NIKON D3 12.1 W/ 14-24MM F/2.8G ED NIKKOR LENS/MINT
@ £1700... I'll take six please.
There are quite a few other bits and pieces of Nikon pro gear there too at "bargain prices", like a mint 200-400 VR @ £1600. I mailed about one item and was told it's in Spain and the transaction would require a bank transfer. Reeks of sc@m to me. Watch out. Isn't there anyone to report this stuff to?
Roy
Title: Probable sc@m supplier on UK site
Post by: Chairman Bill on July 20, 2009, 04:51:55 pm
You could report it to Trading Standards
Title: Probable sc@m supplier on UK site
Post by: Rob C on July 21, 2009, 05:29:57 am
Quote from: OldRoy
On "Adoos.co.uk" site

NIKON D3 12.1 W/ 14-24MM F/2.8G ED NIKKOR LENS/MINT
@ £1700... I'll take six please.
There are quite a few other bits and pieces of Nikon pro gear there too at "bargain prices", like a mint 200-400 VR @ £1600. I mailed about one item and was told it's in Spain and the transaction would require a bank transfer. Reeks of sc@m to me. Watch out. Isn't there anyone to report this stuff to?
Roy



Don´t know if that makes it suspicious per se - I sent a friend a cheque to another country within the EEC for €35 and he lost about €15 to the bank when he went to cash it. I asked my bank about it and they said it was normal, but that you could arrange to transfer money bank to bank without penalty if you supplied various banking details. Dangerous, too, I think.

But prices that are too low are certainly to be watched!

Rob C