Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Payne on July 18, 2009, 11:25:57 am

Title: Morning Colors ...
Post by: Jeremy Payne on July 18, 2009, 11:25:57 am
(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2648/3731713021_358b53d39b_o.jpg)
Title: Morning Colors ...
Post by: wolfnowl on July 18, 2009, 11:59:43 am
Quite the dive bomber you have there!  Nicely done.

Mike.
Title: Morning Colors ...
Post by: Jim Pascoe on July 18, 2009, 02:12:42 pm
That is quite incredibly vivid!  I really like it.

Jim
Title: Morning Colors ...
Post by: Jeremy Payne on July 18, 2009, 03:45:52 pm
Thanks!  

I like this one a lot ... I can't wait to see the colors on my wide gamut monitor ...


Title: Morning Colors ...
Post by: RSL on July 18, 2009, 04:31:59 pm
Jeremy, It's not just the colors, though they're fabulous. It's also the bee. Great shot!
Title: Morning Colors ...
Post by: Jeremy Payne on July 18, 2009, 04:44:22 pm
Quote from: RSL
Jeremy, It's not just the colors, though they're fabulous. It's also the bee. Great shot!
Thanks, Russ ... I hear ya - I have 10 nice shots of the flower, but without the bee ... and they'll never see the light of day.

One year later, and I am still astounded by what you can do at ISO 1600 with this sensor ... just blows my mind.

The wind was blowing, and the high ISO let me shoot at 1/2500th and keep everything sharp.

Those wings must be moving pretty fast to be such a blur even at that shutter speed ...
Title: Morning Colors ...
Post by: RSL on July 18, 2009, 05:40:49 pm
That's exactly why I wouldn't give up my D3 for any other camera out there except possibly a D700. Here's a shot at ISO 6400. At that sensitivity, even though the light was dim, I was able to keep the aperture at f/8 and the shutter speed at 1/50th, which resulted in a file that didn't really need any noise reduction. The camera constantly amazes me. But it's not one of those "inexpensive DSLRs that's light weight and built for hand held shooting." Someone really ought to explain to Dale that more mass gives you more steadiness. Maybe he didn't take high school physics.

[attachment=15509:Epcot___Checkout.jpg]
Title: Morning Colors ...
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 18, 2009, 06:38:59 pm
Jeremy,

It is not only an amazing tour-de-force but also an excellent image. I'm jealous!

Title: Morning Colors ...
Post by: wolfnowl on July 19, 2009, 12:50:15 am
Quote from: RSL
Jeremy, It's not just the colors, though they're fabulous. It's also the bee. Great shot!
Should have mentioned... it's not a bee, it's a syrphid, or hoverfly.  A bee imitator (because bees taste bad to birds).

Mike.
Title: Morning Colors ...
Post by: cmi on July 20, 2009, 08:29:42 am
I Like this one very much! Nice composition, vivid colors.

Christian