Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Digital Cameras & Shooting Techniques => Topic started by: walter.sk on July 18, 2009, 10:48:16 am
-
It has been years since I used the Canon software that came with my 1DII, which I used only for setting a couple of personal functions. I now want to shoot tethered, and change some Personal Function settings. I haven't had the Canon software on my computer for quite some time.
I have a couple of questions:
1) Since Canon has upgraded all of their software, as well as renaming some of it, would I be better off downloading new software or just finding my old Solutions CD?
2) I have a G9 and G10. Would using the software from one of those work with the 1DII?
3) If it would pay to download the latest software, which downloads would I need in order to shoot tethered and view the images just shot?
4) Do I still need to install the WIA software first, or, at all?
A response from somebody familiar with these issues would be greatly appreciated.
-
Well, I answered my own questins. I was unable to upgrade from the Canon website without reinstalling from my old CD. In the process, I was able to accomplish what I needed, namely, being able to change the personal functions in the camera.
What was really neat was that I now have bracketing choices of 3 pix or 5 pix depending on which set of Personal Function settings I apply in the camera, and I can readily switch from one to another. I could even have the third set for bracketing 7 pix, and switch back and forth.
That really goes a long way to making shooting for HDR simpler.[