Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: button on July 14, 2009, 07:51:13 pm

Title: afternoon light
Post by: button on July 14, 2009, 07:51:13 pm
I thought this was pretty cool...

[attachment=15428:afternoon_light.jpg]

John
Title: afternoon light
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 14, 2009, 10:03:50 pm
It is.
Title: afternoon light
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on July 15, 2009, 03:30:42 am
Quote from: button
I thought this was pretty cool...

[attachment=15428:afternoon_light.jpg]

John
And you were right.

Jeremy
Title: afternoon light
Post by: cmi on July 20, 2009, 07:34:29 am
Dynamic and puzzling.
Title: afternoon light
Post by: walter.sk on July 20, 2009, 08:25:17 am
Quote from: button
I thought this was pretty cool...

[attachment=15428:afternoon_light.jpg]

John
It has some strong qualities.  The composition is good, and it is striking enough to grab a viewer's  attention.  Yet the fact that it is almost completely abstract makes it likely that the viewer will stay with it attempting to understand it.  Nice work.
Title: afternoon light
Post by: francois on July 20, 2009, 08:53:29 am
Abstract but not too much! I guess that some viewers will spend a good while to figure out what it is. I like the contrast between the wood and the metal-like surfaces. The X shaped shadow,  the bleeding light and the lack of horizontal or vertical lines add a sense of speed.
A very good shot.
Title: afternoon light
Post by: button on July 20, 2009, 01:35:52 pm
Thanks for the replies, everyone.  I'd tell you what you're looking at, but I'm afraid that would ruin it!

John
Title: afternoon light
Post by: dchew on July 20, 2009, 03:54:54 pm
MacBookPro on a nice hardwood table?

Dave