Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Payne on July 14, 2009, 07:43:09 pm

Title: Experiments with Abstraction
Post by: Jeremy Payne on July 14, 2009, 07:43:09 pm
I've been shooting this kind of abstraction of reflections for years, but rarely show them to people ...

Check out the slide show:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeremypayne/s...469325660/show/ (http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeremypayne/sets/72157621469325660/show/)

Here's a typical example ...

(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2554/3722157924_1983c8eb09_o.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeremypayne/3722157924/sizes/o/in/set-72157621469325660/)
Title: Experiments with Abstraction
Post by: shutterpup on July 14, 2009, 08:03:39 pm
Jeremy,
I checked out your slideshow. I like these kinds of abstractions. I liked the last one the best I think, mostly because I love black and white which this reminded me of. Not very definitive I'm afraid, but it's certainly a handling of a subject that I can relate to. I don't show my abstractions to many people either.
Title: Experiments with Abstraction
Post by: button on July 14, 2009, 08:28:09 pm
I like #2 and #3 the most because they make strong statements with well defined, contrasting colors.  #4 would have also worked for me if there weren't debris on the water.  However, one might view that as another contrasting feature.

John
Title: Experiments with Abstraction
Post by: LoisWakeman on July 15, 2009, 06:22:25 am
I enjoyed them too, but am probably biased as I have similar images of my own. I liked the first best, but the 8th has an ethereal charm quite different from the other more literal ones.