Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: laughingbear on July 14, 2009, 02:20:36 pm

Title: LR2.3: Import Problem with phase one files
Post by: laughingbear on July 14, 2009, 02:20:36 pm
Greetings,

I am really puzzled by this. I just started to use Lightroom for serious work and after watching Seth's and Mike's video I set up a structure and kept to it. I have hirarchical folders yyyy/mm/dd and in there Files from different cameras, easily differenciated by keyword.

For example, in 2008 Folder I have Olympus E1 as well as Olympus E3 files. So, when I imported E3 files, it utilised the aldready existing folders and wrote to it accordingly.

Same counts for my Sony alpha.

Now I import photos from disk, in this case phase one files, and LR starts a complete new 2009 Folder instead of writing them into the existing structure.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks!

Best wishes
Georg
Title: LR2.3: Import Problem with phase one files
Post by: laughingbear on July 16, 2009, 08:41:23 pm
User error... sorted

Quote from: laughingbear
Greetings,

I am really puzzled by this. I just started to use Lightroom for serious work and after watching Seth's and Mike's video I set up a structure and kept to it. I have hirarchical folders yyyy/mm/dd and in there Files from different cameras, easily differenciated by keyword.

For example, in 2008 Folder I have Olympus E1 as well as Olympus E3 files. So, when I imported E3 files, it utilised the aldready existing folders and wrote to it accordingly.

Same counts for my Sony alpha.

Now I import photos from disk, in this case phase one files, and LR starts a complete new 2009 Folder instead of writing them into the existing structure.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks!

Best wishes
Georg