Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Kevin Gallagher on July 12, 2009, 08:59:48 am

Title: Downy Woodpecker (Male)
Post by: Kevin Gallagher on July 12, 2009, 08:59:48 am
(http://www.pbase.com/keving/image/13056086.jpg) Sorry about the copyright notice but it's the only version I have. Nikon D1 and a 3rd party zoom lens
Title: Downy Woodpecker (Male)
Post by: pegelli on July 12, 2009, 02:09:30 pm
I know they're very shy and hard to shoot.
Love the lighting and feather detail, only nit is that the eye is not fully sharp, which pulls the image down imo.
Maybe a bit of "creative/local" sharpening can fix it to some extent.
Title: Downy Woodpecker (Male)
Post by: Kevin Gallagher on July 12, 2009, 08:59:54 pm
Quote from: pegelli
I know they're very shy and hard to shoot.
Love the lighting and feather detail, only nit is that the eye is not fully sharp, which pulls the image down imo.
Maybe a bit of "creative/local" sharpening can fix it to some extent.


 Thanks Pieter, I'll give it a go