Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: mattpallante on July 11, 2009, 04:56:26 pm

Title: branches, reflections
Post by: mattpallante on July 11, 2009, 04:56:26 pm
Last October.[attachment=15322:pitchforkpond.jpg]
Title: branches, reflections
Post by: dalethorn on July 11, 2009, 06:29:29 pm
This looks good. Good colors. There were a couple of posts previously on LL where the reflection was the entire photo, or nearly so, and they didn't get the best reviews, but I think this one scores pretty well.
Title: branches, reflections
Post by: wolfnowl on July 12, 2009, 01:25:43 am
Personally I don't like the blue tint to the branches.  Everyone gets an opinion.  I'd drop the blue saturation by probably 50%, and since that would make the blue in the water appear 'washed out' - pardon the pun, I'd lower the blue luminance by 60-65% or so to compensate.

Mike.
Title: branches, reflections
Post by: kernix on July 20, 2009, 04:05:20 pm
Real nice - is that natural color or did you tweak in PS? If that's what the camera captured leave as is - or de-saturate a little.
Title: branches, reflections
Post by: Paul Sumi on July 20, 2009, 04:28:58 pm
Quote from: wolfnowl
Personally I don't like the blue tint to the branches.

Mike.

Perhaps Photoshop's "photo filter" layer using a warming filter setting would help get rid of the coolness in the shadows without having to desaturate the blues?

Paul
Title: branches, reflections
Post by: wolfnowl on July 21, 2009, 03:21:05 am
Yeah, that could work...  hadn't thought of it.

Mike.
Title: branches, reflections
Post by: mattpallante on July 21, 2009, 07:48:46 pm
Quote from: wolfnowl
Personally I don't like the blue tint to the branches.  Everyone gets an opinion.  I'd drop the blue saturation by probably 50%, and since that would make the blue in the water appear 'washed out' - pardon the pun, I'd lower the blue luminance by 60-65% or so to compensate.

Mike, I've tried for less blue...it bothered me too. I only know color for a couple years, I'm using LZ.
Matt[attachment=15594:pitchfor...lessblue.jpg]