Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Kevin Gallagher on July 09, 2009, 05:31:43 pm

Title: Nesting Redtail
Post by: Kevin Gallagher on July 09, 2009, 05:31:43 pm
(http://www.pbase.com/keving/image/43255344.original.jpg)

This was literally taken leaning out a 5th story window, the chicks are just out of the shot at camera right.  
The parent had just retuned with the rabbit carcass. Beleive me, I was a lot closer than I wanted to be!!
Title: Nesting Redtail
Post by: dalethorn on July 10, 2009, 11:04:41 am
A very good capture, especially the bird's eyes and interesting expression.  Still, I wonder if there are some little bunnies out there waiting for mom to come home and take care of them.  I wonder too whether wildlife photographers, rangers, and other parties involved with nature, having accepted this predation as natural and normal, carry that attitude over to humans and are thus more accepting of how we interact with nature's species.  We even have a device called a predator that flies over places, although unlike this bird, it usually delivers rather than picks up.

Edit: As a photographic issue, how to depict the subject etc.
Title: Nesting Redtail
Post by: Kevin Gallagher on July 11, 2009, 06:45:31 am
Quote from: dalethorn
A very good capture, especially the bird's eyes and interesting expression.  Still, I wonder if there are some little bunnies out there waiting for mom to come home and take care of them.  I wonder too whether wildlife photographers, rangers, and other parties involved with nature, having accepted this predation as natural and normal, carry that attitude over to humans and are thus more accepting of how we interact with nature's species.  We even have a device called a predator that flies over places, although unlike this bird, it usually delivers rather than picks up.

Edit: As a photographic issue, how to depict the subject etc.


 Thanks Dale, I guess the Hawks have to eat as well