Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: byork on July 06, 2009, 07:19:00 pm

Title: Urban moon rise
Post by: byork on July 06, 2009, 07:19:00 pm
Some people I showed these to didn't like the roof tops in the frame.....wondered what you guys thought.

Cheers
Brian
Title: Urban moon rise
Post by: AndrewKulin on July 06, 2009, 08:09:05 pm
My favorite is the third one (w/o the house), though the second one with the house is okay too.  I do not like the way the roof/gutter line is presented on the first photo.

Out of curiosity, was this photo taken around 4 PM on July 3rd ?

Andrew
Title: Urban moon rise
Post by: byork on July 06, 2009, 08:37:10 pm
Quote from: AndrewKulin
Out of curiosity, was this photo taken around 4 PM on July 3rd ?

Andrew


4.39 PM July 4th to be exact.

Cheers
Brian
Title: Urban moon rise
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on July 07, 2009, 03:48:25 am
Quote from: byork
Some people I showed these to didn't like the roof tops in the frame.....wondered what you guys thought.

Cheers
Brian
I agree with them. It's not a particularly attractive roof. The third is by far the best.

Jeremy
Title: Urban moon rise
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 07, 2009, 11:01:18 am
Ditto. The roof doesn't add anything. #3 works nicely.
Title: Urban moon rise
Post by: jasonrandolph on July 07, 2009, 11:25:40 am
I think #3 is the best, but I like the way the roofs in #1 mirror the vignetting in the upper corners.  In #2, the house didn't really work for me.
Title: Urban moon rise
Post by: byork on July 08, 2009, 07:43:09 pm
Thanks for the feedback guys, comments taken on board.

Cheers
Brian