Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: rcdurston on July 06, 2009, 04:44:21 pm
-
I have 2.4 running on a MacPro 2x2.26 Quad core with 8gb ram and dual GeForce GT 120's running two ACD 23's. Whenever I view an image on the second screen in loupe mode it is slightly unsharp(almost like it hasnt finished rendering) when compared to the primary monitor at 100%.
here is an example.
Any ideas? I've discarded previews and then re rendered them again.
thanks
r
[attachment=15158:Picture_1.jpg]
-
Agree it's clearly visible. Does it heal with time? I also sometimes find that when looking at two shots 1:1 in compare mode it takes ages before both renderings are complete. The fist is usually instantaneous, the second can take up to 20/30 second, which is a long time waiting in front of a screen doing nothing. If you're impatient you could easily discard a perfectly OK (or even better) shot.
-
Agree it's clearly visible. Does it heal with time? I also sometimes find that when looking at two shots 1:1 in compare mode it takes ages before both renderings are complete. The fist is usually instantaneous, the second can take up to 20/30 second, which is a long time waiting in front of a screen doing nothing. If you're impatient you could easily discard a perfectly OK (or even better) shot.
Swap your video cables. This will tell you if it's the monitor or the output signal.
Peter
-
How did you get the image shown in your post? If that's a screenshot taken with software then that would suggest that it's not hardware-related at all (a screenshot program is going to capture what the computer "thinks" is being sent to the monitor, not what's actually displayed).
-
I find my second monitor does this often too. It does change at various stages in time in the catalogue , after restarts, etc, no idea when or why it doesn't render . Sometimes it is slightly soft, sometimes pixelised like it hasn't been rendered even though it has, and was correct days before. It seems to be the loupe mode at 100% as fit works as expected. I've tried deleting and rebuilding previews but it didn't change anything.