Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Pindy on July 05, 2009, 05:42:19 pm

Title: There were no rejected photos to delete
Post by: Pindy on July 05, 2009, 05:42:19 pm
In a version 2.4 product which has behaved this way since 1.0, is there any explanation for this:

(http://pindy.smugmug.com/photos/582771851_3RxUq-M.png)

Doesn't anybody on the Lightroom team notice this still happens?
Title: There were no rejected photos to delete
Post by: Jeremy Payne on July 05, 2009, 06:09:31 pm
You mean "Delete Rejected Photos ... CRTL + Backspace" ?

Mine works just fine ... and always has ...

[attachment=15131:Capture.JPG]
Title: There were no rejected photos to delete
Post by: john beardsworth on July 06, 2009, 04:07:09 am
I've experienced the same issue, and can't identify a pattern. It's simple enough to fix - change the selection and try again. Something's not quite right, but it's a minor irritation.

John
Title: There were no rejected photos to delete
Post by: Ed Bacon on July 06, 2009, 12:48:43 pm
All along I thought that was Lightroom's assesment of the quality of the shoot  

Sorry, I figured somebody would say that ...
Ed
Title: There were no rejected photos to delete
Post by: neil snape on July 06, 2009, 12:55:28 pm
Yes I've had that and wondered why. I have always had to go back change the filter, then come back to it and it works as expected.
Title: There were no rejected photos to delete
Post by: JBerardi on July 06, 2009, 09:02:34 pm
Ditto for having this problem. Often, I just hit command-delete again and it works the second time. Sometimes I have to change the filter or selected folder/collection as others have suggested. It's not really a big deal, but yes, it is annoying, and it really shouldn't happen on software of this caliber.
Title: There were no rejected photos to delete
Post by: wolfnowl on July 07, 2009, 01:05:16 am
I believe that if you have one or more images selected and try to delete rejected photos, it only looks at the images you have selected.  Try pressing Ctrl/Cmd D to deselect all images and then delete rejected photos.

Mike.
Title: There were no rejected photos to delete
Post by: Andrew Fee on July 07, 2009, 04:55:06 am
Quote from: wolfnowl
I believe that if you have one or more images selected and try to delete rejected photos, it only looks at the images you have selected.  Try pressing Ctrl/Cmd D to deselect all images and then delete rejected photos.
In that example though, the currently selected photo is a rejected one.

I've intermittently had this problem as well, and haven't been able to figure out the cause. As someone else suggested, changing the selection seems to work, but it's quite an annoyance.