Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: jtorral on June 30, 2009, 04:41:35 pm

Title: What happened to camera and lens on home page image?
Post by: jtorral on June 30, 2009, 04:41:35 pm
Michael,

You use to label your home page images with the camera and lens used to photograph it.  I know you probably had a good reason to remove it but maybe a hint would be nice

Thanks

JT
Title: What happened to camera and lens on home page image?
Post by: jtorral on July 21, 2009, 11:40:15 am
Just bringing this to the top in case it was buried in threads.
Title: What happened to camera and lens on home page image?
Post by: Tim Gray on July 21, 2009, 11:47:33 am
Just guessing, but some of the recent images are a bit of an historical retrospective.  Might have been shot with film, with no digital metadata available.
Title: What happened to camera and lens on home page image?
Post by: cmi on July 21, 2009, 12:00:13 pm
Why it is important to you that these infos are now missing jtorral? I didnt even notice.
Title: What happened to camera and lens on home page image?
Post by: ecemfjm on July 21, 2009, 01:22:35 pm
Quote from: Christian Miersch
Why it is important to you that these infos are now missing jtorral? I didnt even notice.

I notice.

And for me is to satisfy my curiosity and for learning. I think one can learn from that kind of information. For the artistic enjoyment it may appear as irrelevant, but I enjoy more if I know the technical details.

Anyway, White Sands Moonrise technical details are: Pentax 67II and 55~100mm f/4.5 zoom. Provia 100F

How I know? Just go to 'Locations' and find White Sands National Monument .

There you can find much more information.

Manuel
Title: What happened to camera and lens on home page image?
Post by: Seth Honeyman on July 22, 2009, 09:17:28 am
Quote from: Christian Miersch
Why it is important to you that these infos are now missing jtorral? I didnt even notice.

In my case, its just curiosity.  I'm interested in seeing what Michael is shooting with currently.
Title: What happened to camera and lens on home page image?
Post by: Rob C on July 22, 2009, 10:04:51 am
Quote from: ecemfjm
Anyway, White Sands Moonrise technical details are: Pentax 67II and 55~100mm f/4.5 zoom. Provia 100F

Manuel



Pentax 67!

NOW you know why the horizon 'appears' tilted; at least, you do if you ever used one of those things. Nothing to do with French bubbles at all.

Rob C
Title: What happened to camera and lens on home page image?
Post by: jtorral on July 27, 2009, 04:51:37 pm
just curious.
Title: What happened to camera and lens on home page image?
Post by: dreed on August 13, 2009, 02:17:04 pm
In the past, a photo without attribution to the camera and lens is usually an indication that the camera used has not yet been announced.
Title: What happened to camera and lens on home page image?
Post by: L.G. on August 25, 2009, 09:32:57 am
A picture from the Leica S2 maybe.
Actually Mr. Reichmann wrote already an article about the S2: "Pick any two"
Title: What happened to camera and lens on home page image?
Post by: Christopher on August 25, 2009, 11:18:06 pm
Quote from: L.G.
A picture from the Leica S2 maybe.
Actually Mr. Reichmann wrote already an article about the S2: "Pick any two"
I was thinking the same a while ago, that most of the images, were shot with a S2 and because Leica still has some NDA going, but well we will know sooner or later.