Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: ChrisJR on June 28, 2009, 12:04:17 pm
-
Hopefully I've posted this in the right part of this forum...
I'm currently looking at incorporating an ecommerce system into my new website and am curious as to what other people are using.
The site will be built using a mixture of Adobe Flash, Flex and Dreamweaver (CS4) but there are a multitude of options available. So far, Cartweaver sounds pretty decent as it can be easily incorporated into Dreamweaver but I'm interested to hear about other options and people's experience with said options.
I'm using Mac if that means anything.
Thanks
Chris
-
I did a fair amount of research on this topic as well and concluded the same as you did. Cartweaver seems to be a logical option. You may wan to look at http://www.webassist.com/suites/super-suite/ (http://www.webassist.com/suites/super-suite/). I never put a site together. Good luck, hope you get some more post on this topic. I'm curious to see what other people do.
Jill
-
I would see what paypal has to offer. I know a lot of web sites using what appears to be a paypal shopping cart.
Otherwise AgoraCart and ZenCart are the two big free ones. I think my web host has agoracart available on an auto install thing in their control panel. I know dreamhost (the incompetent devil of all hosting companies) had ZenCart.
No experience with any of the above except as a user. (Paypal seems cleanest once you get over the irritation of seeing paypal.) I wrote my own. Don't do that.
-
I would see what paypal has to offer. I know a lot of web sites using what appears to be a paypal shopping cart.
Otherwise AgoraCart and ZenCart are the two big free ones. I think my web host has agoracart available on an auto install thing in their control panel. I know dreamhost (the incompetent devil of all hosting companies) had ZenCart.
No experience with any of the above except as a user. (Paypal seems cleanest once you get over the irritation of seeing paypal.) I wrote my own. Don't do that.
From what I researched a year ago AgoraCart and ZenCart require that you user their programing language which is very complicated. And these programs do not allow much creative options. The good part is they are free.
Many designers in the industry already know CS4 software which can be used with Cartweaver and Webassist. Paypal is a payment gateways, I believe you can create basic ecommerce sites with it. Paypal can be used with Cartweaver and Webassist if you choose to offer this as a payment option.
I guess it depends on what you are looking for.
-
Thanks for the feedback on e-commerce sites information, it gives me a few things to consider.
You may wan to look at http://www.webassist.com/suites/super-suite/ (http://www.webassist.com/suites/super-suite/). I never put a site together.
Webassist looks pretty good, one of my friends has a copy of this software so I'll try to check it out soon.
Otherwise AgoraCart and ZenCart are the two big free ones. I think my web host has agoracart available on an auto install thing in their control panel. I know dreamhost (the incompetent devil of all hosting companies) had ZenCart.
I really want to avoid paypal if possible. When I used to use ebay paypal unfortunately dicked me around quite a lot so I'll look at other options instead of this.
From what I researched a year ago AgoraCart and ZenCart require that you user their programing language which is very complicated. And these programs do not allow much creative options. The good part is they are free.
Many designers in the industry already know CS4 software which can be used with Cartweaver and Webassist. Paypal is a payment gateways, I believe you can create basic ecommerce sites with it. Paypal can be used with Cartweaver and Webassist if you choose to offer this as a payment option.
I guess it depends on what you are looking for.
Both AgoraCart and ZenCart are attractive because they are free but if the programming language is complicated I'll probably avoid this. I can programme to an extent but if they lack creative options I'll very likely give them a miss.
Cartweaver and Webassist seem to be the way to go but I'll try to check out the latter in the new few days.