Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: Jon Meddings on June 23, 2009, 12:37:34 am

Title: Mac Cntrl Click - Where the bleep are my pictures
Post by: Jon Meddings on June 23, 2009, 12:37:34 am
Folks, I'm a bit confused here. I've always thought that the PC 'right mouse click' was the mac equivalent of control click (or vice versa). However, in the video Seth shows Michael a fascinating ability to 'control click' on a phrase in the metadata caption and link to an internet search. This doesn't seem to work on a PC with a right click - now I guess I could cut and paste into google and search but I really liked the ability to do this from within LR. Is there any way to accomplish this on a PC?
Title: Mac Cntrl Click - Where the bleep are my pictures
Post by: francois on June 23, 2009, 02:26:00 am
Quote from: Jon Meddings
…
 However, in the video Seth shows Michael a fascinating ability to 'control click' on a phrase in the metadata caption and link to an internet search. This doesn't seem to work on a PC with a right click - now I guess I could cut and paste into google and search but I really liked the ability to do this from within LR. Is there any way to accomplish this on a PC?
Jon,
The popup menu is a Mac thing only. It's available system-wide. I don't know if you can get a similar function on a Windows computer.
Title: Mac Cntrl Click - Where the bleep are my pictures
Post by: Jon Meddings on June 23, 2009, 09:32:15 am
Quote from: francois
Jon,
The popup menu is a Mac thing only. It's available system-wide. I don't know if you can get a similar function on a Windows computer.

Thanks Francois - one of the nice touches about the Mac I guess!
Title: Mac Cntrl Click - Where the bleep are my pictures
Post by: francois on June 23, 2009, 09:56:55 am
Quote from: Jon Meddings
…
one of the nice touches about the Mac I guess!
Yes but there's also a few rough edges!
 
Title: Mac Cntrl Click - Where the bleep are my pictures
Post by: Farmer on June 23, 2009, 05:24:24 pm
There are various free / shareware / commercial apps to add this to Windows.

One of them is:

http://www.sharewareconnection.com/popuphint-anywhere.htm (http://www.sharewareconnection.com/popuphint-anywhere.htm)

It's nice that it's built into OS X, though.  Haven't noticed it being built into Windows 7 on the current public release yet.
Title: Mac Cntrl Click - Where the bleep are my pictures
Post by: Jon Meddings on June 24, 2009, 09:42:27 am
Quote from: Farmer
There are various free / shareware / commercial apps to add this to Windows.

One of them is:

http://www.sharewareconnection.com/popuphint-anywhere.htm (http://www.sharewareconnection.com/popuphint-anywhere.htm)

It's nice that it's built into OS X, though.  Haven't noticed it being built into Windows 7 on the current public release yet.

Thanks Phil - might try one of these or just resign myself to copy/paste into a search engine. That really isn't all that hard anyway!