Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: Rob C on June 22, 2009, 04:41:48 pm

Title: Burrano Painter
Post by: Rob C on June 22, 2009, 04:41:48 pm
Always figured you were at your best with that genre of work; enough to stop me painting and going out, instead, looking for other people´s paintings to photograph!

;-)

Rob C
Title: Burrano Painter
Post by: picnic on June 23, 2009, 07:48:41 pm
Quote from: Rob C
Always figured you were at your best with that genre of work; enough to stop me painting and going out, instead, looking for other people´s paintings to photograph!

;-)

Rob C

I really liked this one and the Sunday painters but--am I missing somthing?  I'm curious what camera, lens, etc.  No EXIF (didn't expect that anyhow) but always curious what camera you are using for what.  Did it cause issues??---or have you decided its not important?!?

Diane
Title: Burrano Painter
Post by: Richowens on June 23, 2009, 08:41:57 pm
Diane,

 A Leica M7, Tri Elmar and Provia 100f.

 Burano, Italy in 2002.

Title: Burrano Painter
Post by: Per Ofverbeck on June 24, 2009, 04:22:25 am
Michael, it´s a great picture, lovely and harmonious colours!

But, please forgive me, I just can´t help it:  When we first got personal computers at my workplace (Windoze), most of us had a set of screensavers sponsored by Disney Corp., and the favourite was one where Donald Duck sat on a plank and painted the screen in various colours, dropped the paint bucket & c....   Harmonious colours it certainly wasn´t....

And, I´m afraid my very first thought when seeing this image on my screen was to remember that zany screensaver.....    It is a gross injustice to the photographer, certainly.

My only excuse for posting this at all is, I´m curious if anyone else remembers that screensaver?  It must be more than 20 years ago....