Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: stevenh on June 21, 2009, 03:08:48 pm
-
When I am printing on my HP z3100 I have been recently printing at 1200 dpi and Best under custom. I have been printing on Gallerie gold silk. Did a calibration, added it as a new paper type as fine art pearl more ink. Did a profile with aps and also a paper advance calibration.
System is Windows XP pro 64bit. 4 GB ram, Intel core2 quad processor. Printing over hard wired ethernet. Using photoshop CS 4 both 32 bit and 64 bit. Happens on both.
This seems to be intermittent. It seems I have seen this problem discussed on this site before but I cannot find it through search. I have included two images of the problem.
Anyone?
Thanks for any information.
Steven H.
-
Wow weird stuff there. I had some similar things with the 3100 PS but not with the photo. It was always to do with page set up in custom sizes. It was fixed in firmware updates though. There is a lot of info hidden in the driver output that HP techs can look at. I can't remember what commands they are but when using a string of function keys you can save out the PCL file which tells all.
Otherwise I can't say what is happening there as I've not seen this before.
-
Wow weird stuff there. I had some similar things with the 3100 PS but not with the photo. It was always to do with page set up in custom sizes. It was fixed in firmware updates though. There is a lot of info hidden in the driver output that HP techs can look at. I can't remember what commands they are but when using a string of function keys you can save out the PCL file which tells all.
Otherwise I can't say what is happening there as I've not seen this before.
Well.... at least I can be proud of finding something that even you, Neil, haven't seen before...
These are huge files, btw. I reprinted this one as 600 dpi best and more passes. It prints fine.
On the up side... It's fun to show it to a friend who's had too much to drink and tell him it looks fine to you...
If no one here has any ideas I guess I'll have the field tech out again. It would be nice to see the PCL file to send him first though.
-
Bi-directional printing gone bad?
-
Paper transport at 600 PPI and the head acting at 1200 PPI ?
Or an interference related to that.
Not that that guess brings a solution :-)
Edit: well, it could be related to filth on the servo sensor on either the paper transport axle (lines parallel to the head movement) or on the head sensor that reads the ribbon along the width (stripes parallel to paper transport). But that would be happening with any paper at 1200 PPI.
Then there is the unlikely event that copying the media preset corrupted right on the number of strokes or alike. Maybe the original media preset isn't used by anyone on 1200 PPI and a bug is never reported. Try it without copying, make more copies and compare with a copy of another media preset.
met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla
New: Dinkla Canvas Wrap Actions for Photoshop
http://www.pigment-print.com/dinklacanvaswraps/index.html (http://www.pigment-print.com/dinklacanvaswraps/index.html)
-
I've had a similar issue happen with a couple of huge files:
Try clearing your print queue, then at an elevated command prompt
(start | run | cmd - press [crtl]+[shift]+[enter]) type
net stop spooler [enter]
net start spooler [enter]
Restart your machine