Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Ed Blagden on June 17, 2009, 03:01:15 pm

Title: Aboard the Singapore Flyer
Post by: Ed Blagden on June 17, 2009, 03:01:15 pm
This was taken from one of the compartments on the Singapore Flyer, a kind of huge Ferris Wheel thingy in Singapore.  F/8, 24mm Full Frame, ISO400.  

Comments and criticism sought, as always.

Thanks



Ed

[attachment=14616:IMG_0613.jpg]
Title: Aboard the Singapore Flyer
Post by: RSL on June 17, 2009, 03:39:42 pm
Quote from: Ed B
This was taken from one of the compartments on the Singapore Flyer, a kind of huge Ferris Wheel thingy in Singapore.  F/8, 24mm Full Frame, ISO400.  

Comments and criticism sought, as always.

Thanks

Ed

Nicely done, Ed. A fascinating abstraction, well framed.
Title: Aboard the Singapore Flyer
Post by: dalethorn on June 17, 2009, 04:02:45 pm
Gives a good sense of the size and vertical height.  Contrast is near perfect.
Title: Aboard the Singapore Flyer
Post by: cmi on June 17, 2009, 04:15:02 pm
I like the general big shapes, that is, the dynamic formed by the wheelpart, the beach and the bridge. An uncommon view. But, I dont like these many little details, esp. in the upper right corner. Sure enough it must be a common view from up there, but for me its a tad to much. So while I think its "interesting" I do not really like it.

Christian
Title: Aboard the Singapore Flyer
Post by: wolfnowl on June 18, 2009, 01:05:18 am
Quote from: Christian Miersch
I like the general big shapes, that is, the dynamic formed by the wheelpart, the beach and the bridge. An uncommon view. But, I dont like these many little details, esp. in the upper right corner. Sure enough it must be a common view from up there, but for me its a tad to much. So while I think its "interesting" I do not really like it.

Christian
Interesting point.  There does seem to be a very large DOF.  I wonder about blurring out the ground level - not completely, but enough to separate the wheel from the ground below.  Quite the view, though!

Mike.
Title: Aboard the Singapore Flyer
Post by: Justan on June 18, 2009, 01:38:06 am
It has delicious sense of heighth. The ladder about mid image seems too bright as it draws attention away from the curvy structures beneath.

I bet a number of viewers of this work would become slightly dizzy from looking at it. And that’s the beauty of it.