Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Mathew Zucker on June 16, 2009, 03:38:46 pm

Title: Sharpening Presets
Post by: Mathew Zucker on June 16, 2009, 03:38:46 pm
Hello

I would like to recreate the sharpening that I achieve in Photoshop using Photo Kit Sharpener, specifically Luminance Sharpen 1-4 in Lightroom. Are there presets I can download?

Thanks!
~m
Title: Sharpening Presets
Post by: GBengtson on June 16, 2009, 04:29:04 pm
Quote from: Mathew Zucker
Hello

I would like to recreate the sharpening that I achieve in Photoshop using Photo Kit Sharpener, specifically Luminance Sharpen 1-4 in Lightroom. Are there presets I can download?

Thanks!
~m


If you are using Lightroom 2.3 the capture sharpening in the detail develop module and the sharpening in the print module are developed by the folks of Pixel Genius (Photkit Sharpener) in coordination with Adobe Lightroom engineers. Basically you are using the features available in Photokit Sharpener as a plug-in for Photoshop.
Title: Sharpening Presets
Post by: Mathew Zucker on June 16, 2009, 07:02:30 pm
Quote from: GBengtson
If you are using Lightroom 2.3 the capture sharpening in the detail develop module and the sharpening in the print module are developed by the folks of Pixel Genius (Photkit Sharpener) in coordination with Adobe Lightroom engineers. Basically you are using the features available in Photokit Sharpener as a plug-in for Photoshop.
Yes, I know. Thank you.  I do not need the Capture sharpen or the Print sharpening. What I want to do is use Photokit Creative Sharpen Luminance 1-4 settings; but in Lightroom.
Best ~m
Title: Sharpening Presets
Post by: Schewe on June 16, 2009, 11:00:54 pm
Quote from: Mathew Zucker
What I want to do is use Photokit Creative Sharpen Luminance 1-4 settings; but in Lightroom.


No, at this point in time the "creative sharpening" available in Camera Raw and Lightroom via the Adjustment Brush is, uh, let's call it a placeholder for some more useful in the future? The Sharpness slider is a hack on the old ACR sharpening algorithm and the minus sharpening is, well so convoluted that I don't think I could explain it to you...

So, no, ACR & Lightroom have the capture sharpening down and Lightroom (more so that ACR) have the output sharpening down but creative is yet to be properly implemented...expect great things in the future :~)

Title: Sharpening Presets
Post by: Mathew Zucker on June 17, 2009, 07:24:43 am
Quote from: Schewe
...expect great things in the future :~)

Thank you! I'm looking forward to it
~m