Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Digital Cameras & Shooting Techniques => Topic started by: erik hansen on December 17, 2002, 05:25:37 pm
-
[font color=\'#000000\']get some of the TIFFs from canon's site and try it yourself. personally i used genuine fractals to make a 20x30 at 300dpi and printed an 8x10 section of the image. looked amazing, especially considering it was from a 20x30 image. the 8x10 section could almost hold its ground as an 8x10 print! i consider myself to be pretty picky, but everyone has their own standards, so you should try it yourself.[/font]
-
[font color=\'#000000\']Michael,
At 240 dpi, without ressing up, a 1Ds can produce approximately an 11x17 print. Assuming that a digital file contains less noise than scanned film and lends itself to ressing up, what limits acceptable prints to 20x24. I understand that color accuracy, subject matter, viewing distance, and other factors are to be considered. Thanks - RD[/font]
-
[font color=\'#000000\']I like that idea Erik. I will do it. Thanks, RD[/font]