Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: pcox on June 07, 2009, 03:20:06 pm

Title: Causeway Coast, Antrim, Ireland
Post by: pcox on June 07, 2009, 03:20:06 pm
Hi folks -
I've been adding images from a recent trip to the Causeway Coast on the north coast of Ireland, thought I'd share a few here.

(http://www.petercox.ie/images/causeway_pano1-med.jpg) (http://www.petercox.ie/gallery/239)
Giant's Causeway

(http://www.petercox.ie/images/skelligs_whiterocks-med.jpg) (http://www.petercox.ie/gallery/243)
The Skerries, White Rocks

(http://www.petercox.ie/images/dunluce_cove1-med.jpg) (http://www.petercox.ie/gallery/240)
Dunluce Castle

(http://www.petercox.ie/images/bengore_head-med.jpg) (http://www.petercox.ie/gallery/242)
Bengore Head from Ballintoy

It's a fantastic coast, anyone considering a trip to Ireland would be well advised to pay a visit.

Cheers,
Peter
Title: Causeway Coast, Antrim, Ireland
Post by: Bill Caulfeild-Browne on June 07, 2009, 06:53:54 pm
Quote from: pcox
Hi folks -
I've been adding images from a recent trip to the Causeway Coast on the north coast of Ireland, thought I'd share a few here.

(http://www.petercox.ie/images/causeway_pano1-med.jpg) (http://www.petercox.ie/gallery/239)
Giant's Causeway

(http://www.petercox.ie/images/skelligs_whiterocks-med.jpg) (http://www.petercox.ie/gallery/243)
The Skerries, White Rocks

(http://www.petercox.ie/images/dunluce_cove1-med.jpg) (http://www.petercox.ie/gallery/240)
Dunluce Castle

(http://www.petercox.ie/images/bengore_head-med.jpg) (http://www.petercox.ie/gallery/242)
Bengore Head from Ballintoy

It's a fantastic coast, anyone considering a trip to Ireland would be well advised to pay a visit.

Cheers,


Great stuff Peter, I really like the 2nd and 3rd - what lens did you use for the third?
Bill
Peter
Title: Causeway Coast, Antrim, Ireland
Post by: rcdurston on June 07, 2009, 07:08:25 pm
Nice stuff, Peter
next time you are up this way look me up

r
Title: Causeway Coast, Antrim, Ireland
Post by: pcox on June 08, 2009, 05:02:33 am
Bill - all the images were made with the Canon 24-70mm f/2.8.


Rob - thanks. Nice images in your 'Ocean Apart' gallery - very moody.

Cheers,
Peter
Title: Causeway Coast, Antrim, Ireland
Post by: wolfnowl on June 09, 2009, 01:29:01 am
Hi Peter:

Some good work there.  Not to be contrary to Bill, but I prefer the first and last images.  The middle two don't do much for me.  I think the second one has good potential, but it seems inordinately soft to me.

Mike.
Title: Causeway Coast, Antrim, Ireland
Post by: pcox on June 09, 2009, 03:42:11 am
Mike -
It's a subjective business, this photography lark. Not sure what you mean about the second image. It is actually very sharp in those areas where there is sharpness to be had. The water is slightly soft as it was a long exposure.

Cheers,
Peter
Title: Causeway Coast, Antrim, Ireland
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on June 09, 2009, 01:23:30 pm
Quote from: pcox
It's a subjective business, this photography lark.
Now that's certainly true!

I agree with Mike (not for the first time), but I especially like the last one. I find the curved horizon in the first to be rather distracting: I'm led to believe that DXO can do a good job on such things.

Jeremy
Title: Causeway Coast, Antrim, Ireland
Post by: Enda Cavanagh on July 21, 2009, 03:39:53 pm
How are things Peter.

I love the first image.