Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: nemophoto on June 05, 2009, 01:55:11 pm

Title: Photoshop CS4 install
Post by: nemophoto on June 05, 2009, 01:55:11 pm
I just installed CS4 and I can't believe the crap that was left behind. I've had to manually delete all the foreign language folders left in the PS CS4. Why in the world would the program have installed all these useless folders to junk up the drive and system? Is it just my Windows Vista box, or have others found this as well? I also love how they try to push things like Adobe AIR, which is worthless to most folks. I had to do a Google search to find out what it was. My final beef is that with all the crap they put on the CD, they now leave off the Help files and force you to go online if you need anything.

Is it my imagination, or has Adobe gotten fat and sloppy?

Nemo

P.S. - In operation, I do love how it appears faster in operation and quicker/smoother in image previews/sizing. Good move to use the GPU's native acceleration. I hope it crashes less than my CS3 has in the past few months.
Title: Photoshop CS4 install
Post by: plugsnpixels on June 16, 2009, 08:33:04 pm
This heavage is nothing new, but you may run into problems down the line when running Adobe updates. A version or two back, IIRC, removing certain "unneeded" files after installing caused the updates to fail. As much as I hate to, I now leave Adobe junk alone because no one wants to suffer through the installers again-! However I do decline certain to install components on the front end, as you describe.