Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: chilehead on June 01, 2009, 08:55:47 am

Title: Future television screens may be printed on an inkjet
Post by: chilehead on June 01, 2009, 08:55:47 am
For those interested in the future of TV's:

Epson is testing a method that may allow the use of its Micro Piezo technology in fabrication of OLED displays.

Epson press release (http://www.epson.co.jp/e/newsroom/2009/news_20090526.htm)

The basic idea is to use inkjet technology to lay down the organic material.

I know that Canon was involved with OLED technology too, but not sure of the extent.

Mark
Title: Future television screens may be printed on an inkjet
Post by: Ernst Dinkla on June 01, 2009, 10:39:22 am
Quote from: chilehead
For those interested in the future of TV's:

Epson is testing a method that may allow the use of its Micro Piezo technology in fabrication of OLED displays.

Epson press release (http://www.epson.co.jp/e/newsroom/2009/news_20090526.htm)

The basic idea is to use inkjet technology to lay down the organic material.

I know that Canon was involved with OLED technology too, but not sure of the extent.

Mark

As far as I know almost all OLED displays are made with inkjets.
Cambridge Display Technology for example.

http://www.oled-display.net/oled-inkjet-printing (http://www.oled-display.net/oled-inkjet-printing)


met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla

New: Dinkla Canvas Wrap Actions for Photoshop
http://www.pigment-print.com/dinklacanvaswraps/index.html (http://www.pigment-print.com/dinklacanvaswraps/index.html)

Title: Re: Future television screens may be printed on an inkjet
Post by: Cashimero on October 16, 2010, 12:49:39 am
I am hopeful that this new method of Epson will be successful. Through this, clients will efficiently and effectively use OLED displays in printing purposes without any problem. I also look forward for this new method because I know that this will give me a lot of advantages in the future.
Title: Re: Future television screens may be printed on an inkjet
Post by: Ernst Dinkla on October 16, 2010, 04:58:03 am
Liquavista probably used inkjet modules for the final production phase of Electrowetting displays, the rest can be done on existing LCD production lines. An interesting display technology, more versatile than OLED.

http://www.liquavista.com/news_and_events/getRelease.aspx?ReleaseID=59


met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla

spectral plots of +100 inkjet papers:
http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm