Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: kuau on May 30, 2009, 03:59:47 pm
-
In the market for a 77mm Polarizing Filter for my Sony A900 / CZ 16-35mm and Cz 24-70mm lens.
I shoot mostly now in Northern Arizona, I have been looking at the following filters:
Hoya 77mm (Moose) Warm Circular Polarizer Glass Filter
Singh-Ray LB Warming Polarizer
Sing-Ray LB Neutral Polarizer
or..
Sony's CZ T* Polarizer.
Any thoughts?
Steven
-
Warming polarizers are completely unnecessary if shooting digital.
I use B+W myself, but the Singh-Ray are supposed to be good also.
-
I bought the Singh-Ray LB Warming Polarizer when it first came out. It is very subtle, adding a touch of warmth to the blues in shadows but not obvious overall. I haven't used it on wider than 24mm on a FF camera, so don't know if you 'll need the thin-ring version for your 16-35.
One nice thing about the LB is that it is "brighter" by 2/3rds stop than S-R's original polo filter.
It's been used in the eastern Sierra, southwest red rock country and Great Smoky Mountains.
No opinion on the neutral version, I haven't used it or seen it used yet.
Paul