Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Sigi on May 28, 2009, 10:12:46 am

Title: Gallery
Post by: Sigi on May 28, 2009, 10:12:46 am
Hello,

I have started photography a short while ago and have set up my first gallery. I would welcome comments and criticism. One of my favorite regions in the world are the Himalayas and last year I have been in Ladakh on a trekking trip. You can find a few pictures of that wonderful place also in the gallery.

http://www.betterphoto.com/Premium/default...67034&mp=V2 (http://www.betterphoto.com/Premium/default.aspx?id=267034&mp=V2)

Hope you like some of them.

Sigi
Title: Gallery
Post by: RSL on May 28, 2009, 01:48:54 pm
Quote from: Sigi
Hello,

I have started photography a short while ago and have set up my first gallery. I would welcome comments and criticism. One of my favorite regions in the world are the Himalayas and last year I have been in Ladakh on a trekking trip. You can find a few pictures of that wonderful place also in the gallery.

http://www.betterphoto.com/Premium/default...67034&mp=V2 (http://www.betterphoto.com/Premium/default.aspx?id=267034&mp=V2)

Hope you like some of them.

Sigi

Sigi, Very good work! I especially like your portraits. Be careful of stuff like Highspeed Buddah, though. It's too easy to go over the line into cliche.
Title: Gallery
Post by: John R on May 28, 2009, 06:07:45 pm
Quote from: RSL
Sigi, Very good work! I especially like your portraits. Be careful of stuff like Highspeed Buddah, though. It's too easy to go over the line into cliche.
I agree with your comments, except I am not sure I saw anything cliche. Perhaps I missed the Budha you speak of. Anyway, Wonderful overall work!

JMR