Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: eatstickyrice on May 27, 2009, 10:41:28 am

Title: Photos from Laos and Vietnam
Post by: eatstickyrice on May 27, 2009, 10:41:28 am
Hi Everyone,

I've always enjoyed it when people have shared their photos around here, so I thought I'd do the same now that I have a photoshelter account setup. Please let me know what you think. I've worked with graphics design some in the past, and therefore have a pet peeve about over saturated photos that print as ink blobs. The photos on my site have been prepared in Adobe RGB (1998).

http://pa.photoshelter.com/c/rickwaggoner (http://pa.photoshelter.com/c/rickwaggoner)

Enjoy!
Rick
Title: Photos from Laos and Vietnam
Post by: Andres Bonilla on May 27, 2009, 11:49:08 am
Beautiful gallery!! I really enjoyed it.
Title: Photos from Laos and Vietnam
Post by: RSL on May 27, 2009, 05:25:03 pm
Wonderful stuff, Rick. During a period of about 20 years I spent three of them in Asia. Your fine photography brings back a lot of memories.
Title: Photos from Laos and Vietnam
Post by: jasonrandolph on May 27, 2009, 06:54:26 pm
Quote from: eatstickyrice
Hi Everyone,

I've always enjoyed it when people have shared their photos around here, so I thought I'd do the same now that I have a photoshelter account setup. Please let me know what you think. I've worked with graphics design some in the past, and therefore have a pet peeve about over saturated photos that print as ink blobs. The photos on my site have been prepared in Adobe RGB (1998).

http://pa.photoshelter.com/c/rickwaggoner (http://pa.photoshelter.com/c/rickwaggoner)

Enjoy!
Rick

Beautiful work!  Your eye for portraiture is highly refined.  These could easily come out of the pages of National Geographic!  Thanks for sharing it.
Title: Photos from Laos and Vietnam
Post by: wolfnowl on May 28, 2009, 01:41:47 am
Some nice work there indeed!

Mike.
Title: Photos from Laos and Vietnam
Post by: Justan on May 29, 2009, 01:44:14 pm
Fine work. You have a gift for portraiture, and a wonderful sense of color.
Title: Photos from Laos and Vietnam
Post by: situgrrl on May 29, 2009, 02:03:32 pm
Some of the best I've seen here in a while.....now, where did I put the job that pays for the plane tickets....
Title: Photos from Laos and Vietnam
Post by: eatstickyrice on May 29, 2009, 08:55:55 pm
Quote from: situgrrl
Some of the best I've seen here in a while.....now, where did I put the job that pays for the plane tickets....

My wife and I are living in Hanoi these days, so traveling to Laos wasn't all that expensive. We can bus to Vientiane for about $20/person. The bus leaves Hanoi at 11pm, and arrives in Vientiane mid afternoon the next day.

Rick