Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Gpowell on May 20, 2009, 08:38:04 am
-
Recently, I opened Photoshop CS3 and for some reason it will not read any of my Raw files. I use a Canon 40 D if that matters. When I try to open a raw file it give me a message that it cannot open because it is the wrong type of file. I am thinking there must be a setting that is incorrect. The thumbnails of Raw files say CS2 on them and look like an lens apeture icon. I have uninstalled Photoshop and will reinstall to see if that helps, but if not does anyone have any ideas what may have happened and most importantly how to fix it.
Thanks for any help, Gary
-
Recently, I opened Photoshop CS3 and for some reason it will not read any of my Raw files. I use a Canon 40 D if that matters. When I try to open a raw file it give me a message that it cannot open because it is the wrong type of file. I am thinking there must be a setting that is incorrect. The thumbnails of Raw files say CS2 on them and look like an lens apeture icon. I have uninstalled Photoshop and will reinstall to see if that helps, but if not does anyone have any ideas what may have happened and most importantly how to fix it.
Thanks for any help, Gary
Have you updated to the latest version of ACR(4.5 or .6) for CS3(and CS3 for that matter)?.
-
Please update your Camera Raw to version 4.6.
-
Ed can that be done simply from the Adobe website? I am not the worlds best at knowing when things need updated. I just got this version of Photoshop 6 months ago. You would think it would be uptodate for camera raw. However, I will try that.
Thanks
-
Ed can that be done simply from the Adobe website? I am not the worlds best at knowing when things need updated. I just got this version of Photoshop 6 months ago. You would think it would be uptodate for camera raw. However, I will try that.
Thanks
Visit the Camera Raw page. Step by step instructions and download links are provided here:
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4033 (http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4033)
-
Updates for Camera Raw are released roughly 4 times a year (i.e., about every 3 months, on average). If you got PS six months ago, it's highly likely your version of Camera Raw is not the current one.