Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: nemophoto on May 19, 2009, 04:41:43 pm

Title: Photoshop CS4 - moving pluggins
Post by: nemophoto on May 19, 2009, 04:41:43 pm
I finally decided to upgrade to Photoshop CS4 from CS3. I've hate that at least once a day, when I'm using the program, it crashes (under Vista), and I'm hoping CS4 has some of the bugs sorted out.

My question is simple: is there an easy way to move the pluggins I've amassed to CS4? It doesn't work to simply copy and paste them. I ended up having to re-install every bloody pluggin -- I've got a zillion of them -- when I went from CS to CS2, and CS2 to CS3. A pain in the butt reentering the S#'s, etc. and a huge time waster to uninstall, re-install.

Thanks,

Nemo
Title: Photoshop CS4 - moving pluggins
Post by: Schewe on May 19, 2009, 11:05:00 pm
You want everything to work correctly?

You would be better served to use the plug-in's installer to correctly install all of the plug-ins and their components. If you are simply re-installing on the same computer where CS3 resides, you shouldn't have to re-initialize or enter in serial numbers though...
Title: Photoshop CS4 - moving pluggins
Post by: sniper on May 20, 2009, 02:33:05 am
I think a lot depends on the plug-in's some will work by being placed in the plug-ins folder, others need things elsewhere, stuff in the presets maybe.  Wayne
Title: Photoshop CS4 - moving pluggins
Post by: Ben Rubinstein on May 20, 2009, 07:35:49 am
Talking of plug ins, any news on the 64 bit version of PKsharpener?
Title: Photoshop CS4 - moving pluggins
Post by: Jonathan Wienke on May 20, 2009, 09:45:32 am
What I've done successfully is create a dedicated plugin folder, and then specified that folder as the external plugin folder for all versions of PS. That way I can install the plugin once in that folder, and it is simultaneously available in all versions of PS on the machine. This also reduces duplicate clutter caused by multiple copies of the same plugins installed in several places...
Title: Photoshop CS4 - moving pluggins
Post by: Schewe on May 20, 2009, 12:02:26 pm
Quote from: pom
Talking of plug ins, any news on the 64 bit version of PKsharpener?


The beta of the 64 bit stand alone seems to be working fine. The issue is trying to get s bullet proof installer that will install either/or 32 and 64 bit binaries...
Title: Photoshop CS4 - moving pluggins
Post by: ePaperPress on May 20, 2009, 06:09:56 pm
Quote from: Schewe
The beta of the 64 bit stand alone seems to be working fine. The issue is trying to get s bullet proof installer that will install either/or 32 and 64 bit binaries...

I'm the software developer for PTLens and have done this for my product using an MSI install + an executable that runs during installation. Feel free to have your developer contact me for tips.

http://epaperpress.com/whoami (http://epaperpress.com/whoami) (Feedback page)